7 May 2018
Third Award! ~ Sunshine Blogger ~
My dearest and loyal readers,
It has been awhile since I updated my blog. The first quarter of the year past by so fast, I didn’t even notice until today that we are already in the month May! And a friend, Jean-Luc reminded me it is #MagicMay, so I’ll better get to it…
Starting off this quarter with a little announcement saying we did it again! We’ve received another award and this time it’s the Sunshine Blogger Award.
First I’d like to thank all my readers for trusting my brand, reading and sharing what I like to write about. I thank you for being loyal to me and to the brand. Always support in any way possible. Thank you again 😘
Sunshine Blogger Award
This Sunshine Blogger Award was given to me/us by Cameron Lee from The First Time Dad Adventure. Cameron is a first-time dad. His blog is about him having the adventure of his life with his wife, Susan, and their baby, Aaron. It is a pleasure reading up on how first-time dads experience their life with their child. Thank you for nominating us and hopefully, we will be able to answer all the questions you’ve given us.
Cameron’s 11 questions:
- What inspired you to start your blogging journey?
Our blogging journey was inspired by another blogger and… actually a well-known magazine in the food industry, Saveur!
- What is your goal / next milestone for your blog? Adding sponsored blog posts. Reaching out to them who want to have more exposure.
- What’s the most frequent question people ask you about your blog? Do you get paid to eat and write about it… or are you eating for free? 🙈
- What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue? Traveling, for sure. No boundaries and the world would be mine to explore and experience every food culture on it!
- Why did you decide to do the work you do now? Marketing and advertising is what I do, and I decided to do this because of the family business. My grandmother loved and worked for a marketing firm and my mother started her own agency. It was literally given to me with a spoon… and I loved it so much I had a feeling there was nothing better than working in the same field. Victuals is my hobby turned into passion turned into love. Writing about something you are passionate about makes it so much more interesting.
- Who inspires you to be better? My mother and grandmothers.
- What’s the title of the current chapter of your life? Love thyself
- How does your blog influence your daily routine? We haven’t been very up to date with our writing and posting on our blog. Our daily routine changes as this is mostly our hobby, while our daytime job takes up most of the time. Even though eating and experiencing the food culture daily, we’ve got to set up our goals to write and post more often and make it our daily routine.
- How has blogging changed your life overall? As we first started with the magazine, it opened doors for us in the food industry. Starting our blog changed the fact that people in this industry, mainly the restaurants, look forward to hearing our criticism so they can either change something that’s not perfect yet or receive the compliment they’ve earned.
- If you could go back in time, what is the one thing you would do differently when it comes to your blog? I would write a plan to start with and make sure there are enough content and ideas to post more often.
- What’s the most valuable piece of advice you can give to other bloggers / potential blog starters? Write what you think others would love to read about, but what you passion is too.
The Sunshine Blogger award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
This time around I’ve decided to select a group of bloggers from my own country, Suriname. These nominees are born in Suriname; or from Surinamese parents; have Surinamese roots, or live and are devoted to our country.
- I am – Roshni Jagroep
- Prodo Misi – Zarissa Windzak
- The price I paid to see the world – Daniel Pitti
- Food is Love – Fariel Soeleiman
- Ace Wilborne – Jean-Luc Marengo
- The journey is inspiring – Carol de Seil
- Koiri with NJ – Nancy Nunes
- Rrndezvous – Kim Tjon A Loi
- Clayton Derby
- Carolyne’s Blog – Carolyne Gerling
My Questions for the Nominees:
- What’s your zodiac sign?
- What is the difference in dining and fine dining?
- What activity takes the most of your time?
- Did your friends and family give you their support when you started your blog?
- If you are making money with your blog, what do you plan to spend the money you’re making from your blog on?
- If you go back in time, would you still start a blog knowing all the positive and negative aspects of blogging?
- Would you rather eat Carpaccio or Shrimp cocktail?
- What’s the most recent foreign country you’ve visited?
- Have you ever been nominated for and/or won other blogging awards?
- What’s your favorite thing about your blog?
- Are you, so far, proud and satisfied with your blog’s progress?
My dear nominees drop your links to your blog posts in a comment, so I can check out your answers to my questions as well as your questions to others. I would love to read everyone’s answers. 😉